Friday, December 11, 2015

Vendor Profile #22: Erin McMom



I've been stitching since I was 16. I grew up watching my mother cross-stitch and although I was always fascinated by the process of creating a work of art from floss and fabric, I never quite connected with the patterns that were readily available. I began sketching my own patterns directly onto fabric and stitching them freehand. To this day I have only stitched one counted cross-stitch pattern (other than my own). I love the freedom to let my imagination run wild and create patterns that are unique and fun. Every cross-stitch pattern in my shop has been designed and personally stitched by me so that you can be sure the pattern will look as wonderful on the hoop as it does on the chart.



I opened my Etsy shop in March of 2015 after receiving some requests for patterns of my Confetti City Skyline Cross Stitch projects and I was thrilled with the response. Although my focus has shifted towards embroidery, I'm still committed to releasing a new Confetti City Skyline Pattern each month. 

My embroidery designs are inspired by my family and friends, and often begin as designs that I've stitched as gifts for baby showers, birthdays, and other events.

I fall in love with every piece that I stitch, and sometimes I'm a little sad to see them go! I ensure that each piece I embroider overflows with attention to detail from the tiniest french knot flower centres, to single strand lines of bark detail on a tree branch.

It is my hope that these pieces will bring joy to you, your family, and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment