Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Vendor Profile #9 - The Simplest Stitch



Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?

 I mostly create functional, contemporary crocheted pieces.  Scarves, hats, cowls, slippers, headbands - and more. I do also like to do some sewn pieces... My work has definitely evolved over the years. I'm adding leather/metal details, and finally finding some inner willingness to try pastel-y colours - which isn't usually my thing (or so I thought). It keeps me interested with fresh and new pieces.  



What are your inspirations? Tell us some of your favourite things about Hamilton?

I am pretty proud to be a Hamilton Maker.  There are SO many amazing makers in this city, I can't help but be inspired by them - AND by all of the fibre and fabric perpetually kicking around (every room) of my Strathcona home. I've been doing this for years now, and while some days my hands "complain" about the work, I still just want to jump in to different projects and "make". 


How has Hamilton's art and craft scene changed in the past 5 years?

I love the small-town feel that you can so easily find in the arts community in this big city with a big heart. To see people stepping up to help those in need, or offer new opportunities to others is heart warming and reminds me that I'm in a pretty amazing place at a pretty amazing time.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing crochet designs. I like it. You can also sell and shop these handmade crochet patterns on Artisna Marketplace.

    ReplyDelete