Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Vendor Profile #5 - Mimosa

https://www.instagram.com/mimosakoubou/
https://www.facebook.com/mimosakoubou/



Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?

Mimosa is a handcrafted line of brass and gemstone jewelry inspired by the romantic era of the 16th to 18th centuries in Europe. Using the Japanese TANKIN hammered technique to create each individual piece as truly one of a kind. 

What does your process look like?

 I begin by getting inspired by old portraits.  I never draw out the designs for the rings.  Each ring is created by hammering brass to make the ring parts, they are then put together with silver.  The final thing I do is set a raw gemstone in the rings.  


What are your inspirations?

I am inspired by the 16th to 18th centuries portraits and flowers.

Tell us some of your favourite things about Hamilton?

I love the water falls and the art community.

6.  What are your favourite books? Movies? Music?

My favorite movies are Marie Antoinette, The Other Boleyn Girl , Moulin Rouge and The Affair of the Necklace. 

My favourite music is Arashi( Japanese boy band)

No comments:

Post a Comment