Monday, November 21, 2016

Vendor Profile #7 - Artist Nancy Benoy

Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?

Delighted to be bringing colourful abstract original waterclour cards and paintings to give, to hang, to enjoy. A selection of my Itty Bitty paper paintings “Birds and Buildings” will be for sale too. 


What does your process look like? 

First I set up my space. I work from home, usually in the kitchen, the light is good and the coffee close.  I bring out the oil pastels, watercolours, inks, fill up the water dishes, grab brushes, gather the things. The process of the set up ritual is the beginning of the possibilities that lie ahead. I experiment with the materials, play with shapes, line and colour.  I let my mind wander until I am in that blissful state of nothingness.  That is where it happens for me. 

Tell us some of your favourite things about Hamilton?

I have lived in Hamilton for over 14 years and it has changed a lot but the things I like about Hamilton remain the same. It is a city in its own right. It is a 20 minute drive to glorious country side. It is a 20 minute walk to see a friend, pick up food, find a cool shop. It is a 5 minute walk to trails and trees, perfect for dog walking.  It’s my home. 
                
How has Hamilton's art and craft scene changed in the past 5 years?

So many more artist, crafters, shows and openings! 




No comments:

Post a Comment