Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Vendor Profile #2 - Milo&Ben

Milo&Ben is a collection of my illustrated characters. While some are needle felted,  some are stuffed hand sewn animals. Needle felting is a time-consuming, labour intensive process that allows for a lot of detail bringing each doll to life. It is similar to sculpting in that you can create any shape you want.  Each animal is made carefully and with lots of love. 

Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?

My work is primarily needle felted creations. All the animals are based on my illustrations. I am bringing my most popular Patrick penguins as well as my new line of felted mobiles and felt wreaths. 

What does your process look like?

My process involves sketching the animal until I’m happy with the way it looks. It must convey a certain personality so that the final piece comes to life.

Tell us some of your favourite things about Hamilton?

Hamilton is such a vibrant city! Always welcoming and supporting of small business and the handmade movement. Milo&Ben and Makeology have always felt welcomed and supported. 

Melissa is also the founder of Makeology, an excellent craft show that is happening on November 19th!  Be sure to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment