Thursday, November 27, 2014

Vendor Profile: Ruth Webster's Cards

Ruth Webster creates one of a kind greeting cards that are 
perfect for the holidays!

I started working with rubber stamps about 12 years ago after visiting a shop in Dundas that had so many.  They also had free Saturday workshops.  I was hooked and have been making cards since.  I am just recently retired  from the Hamilton Public School board so have more time to create or at least that's the plan.

At the show I will have a variety of holiday cards that are unique and different from mainstream cards.  Most of the cards involve the art of rubber stamping which includes work with a lot of different types of stamps and ink on various types of papers.   

I also like photography and have a few photo cards.  Nature and it's colours also inspire me in my creations.Other artists inspire me especially if I am in a bit of a rut and suffer from creative block.  So many talented people in this community have become my friends and I am truly blessed to have them all.

I also have been fortunate to travel abroad and meet other artists and crafters in various parts of Europe and I bought their work as souvenirs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment