Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Vendor Profile #6 : Glib Designs

Tell us about your creative work and what we can expect to see at Handmade Hamilton

I’m excited to be a first-time Handmade Hamilton vendor! I make greeting cards, both by ‘hand’ and designed digitally. For the holidays, I love getting out stamps and watercolours to make one of a kind cards. For this show, I’ll also be showing some 8x10 prints, an easy gift - just add a frame! 




What inspires you to create the work that you do?

I am always looking to spread positivity and seeing the smiles people have when they browse my cards is super motivating! I am constantly inspired by other stationary designers, artists and book covers. Even window displays can get me thinking. 



What are your favourite books?

As a librarian, this is a very difficult question but let me try to give you a couple really good titles I’ve read this year. My usual read is fantasy/sci fi and I loved Cruel Prince by Holly Black. If you’re a creative type, I’d also recommend Amy Tangerine’s Craft a Life you Love, part workbook and part motivational book. 

If you have any advice for any emerging artisans what would it be?

Make use of your community - take classes, go to art crawl, meet people, use the library. Hamilton can be such a great place for artists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment