Thursday, December 6, 2018

Vendor Profile #13 - Frayed Knot Fibre


Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?


        Frayed Knot Fibre is all about fibre, some of which is from our own alpacas. We love colour and yarn and the fibre arts. We will have a big range of handpainted luxury yarns and spinning and felting fibres as well as our new focus on unique handspun yarns that are easy for you to use to create one of a kind items.


What are your inspirations?

           My colour inspirations come from everywhere, nature astounds me, so do the little things and it all comes together in the way colour and texture can convey emotion, identity and comfort. I am also a visual artist and I use my         studies and finished work as inspiration for colourways as well. I am also inspired by potential, and I find that creating these things which are intended for creations themselves, inspiring and a good reminder of my own         potential. 

What are your favourite books? Movies? Music?


        I have a thing for good Sci Fi books and the occasional mystery. Some of my favorite authors are John Scalzi and Lois McMaster Bujold. I love music that takes me somewhere new, like Kishi Bashi and Andrew Bird, or bands that remind me of good times like Throwing Muses or Forest for the Trees.

https://www.facebook.com/frayedknotfibrefarm/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment