Monday, November 23, 2015

Vendor Profile #1: The Artful Dodger

Everyday until the show we will be featuring our diverse mix of artists who will be selling their art and craft at Handmade Hamilton on December 12.  Each profile will ask a few questions and will include links to their online and social media sites.  So click away and enjoy previewing our local talent - Lisa Pijuan-Nomura - Curator of Handmade Hamilton. 

The Artful Dodger


Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at Handmade Hamilton. 

The Artful Dodger - I am a local maker, who produces handmade creations that draw direct inspiration from the natural world.  My work incorporates a variety of materials that are either recycled or sustainably harvested.  At Handmade Hamilton, you will find a beautiful array of fine silver, glass and Birch bark jewellery, and other one of a kind crafts. 


What does your creative process look like?

I have a diverse background, which influences my creative process.  I studied glass and ceramics in the School of Craft and Design at Sheridan College, but I also have experimented with photography, textiles, beadwork and needlecraft.  My recent work with precious metal clay (PMC) has allowed me to incorporate a wide range of techniques and skills from my past experiences into the creative process.


What inspires you?


I am inspired by my surroundings.  Whether walking through the Oak Savannah near my home in Hamilton, or along the red sands of an endless beach on a recent trip to PEI, I am drawn to the forms and textures of the natural materials that I gather and take inspiration from.



No comments:

Post a Comment